Thursday, June 30, 2011

Living - Whatchya Got Cookin'?! A Little Kid-Friendly Patriotism Through Food!

Picture from Family Fun website
I was lucky enough to happen upon this great recipe through Family Fun.  It is a great mixture of fun, patriotism with food and taste!  And best of all it is a nice, kid-friendly recipe.  Get them in the kitchen with you!

Patriotic Strawberries made in my kitchen!
Patriotic Strawberries

What you need:
12 oz White Chocolate Chips
Strawberries
Blue sugar

What to do:
*Wash strawberries and allow to dry completely.
*Melt white chocolate chips in microwave as directed on package.
*Dip bottom half of strawberry in melted chips.
*Then dip into blue sugar
*Place on waxed paper until hard

Enjoy!

Notes:
*I am also going to try a version of the above strawberries by making my fruit dip recipe, similar to this one.  Dip strawberries in fruit dip and then sprinkle with blue sugar.  Place directly to serving dish.  These won't dry and will be a bit more messy, but sure to be another tastey and fun version.

*I found 16 oz Driscolli strawberries on Price Decline at my HyVee for just $1.44!  Hope you can find these too!

For this and other "Whatchya Got Cookin'? recipes, go over here!  Feel free to also send me an email with your favorite, tried and true recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Living Laughing SavingJune 30, 2011 at 5:07 PM

    I thought I would post that today these same strawberries are on "price decline" for $2.99! What a difference 2 days can make! OUCH!

    ReplyDelete