Monday, June 20, 2011

Living - Hold Your Loved Ones Near! Simply, Share A Smile!

I hope each of you enjoyed your Father's Day!

I was just reflecting on the happenings of this busy day and was reminded how precious life is. 

As I talked to my Dad tonight on the phone to wish him a Happy Father's Day and let him know how much I loved him, it reminded me of how lucky I am to have him in my life.  So blessed that he came out on top in a recent battle with cancer.  Although he lost his kidney, we still have him.

Today also included a visit to the hospital to meet a friend's baby girl brought into this world on Friday.  So precious and sweet, so many "firsts" ahead of her.  So many precious memories to make.

And this evening's destination, a visitation for a previous coworker who sadly lost his battle with cancer at the young age of 52.  A man who had so much passion for his family and the community.  Praying for God's comfort and strength for his family.

Overcoming battles and celebrating triumphs.  The beginning of life and the end of life. 

I need not say it as we are all aware in our own ways, but certainly we are all reminded life is precious indeed.  May you hold your loved ones near.  Tell them that you love them.  Give them a squeeze before they head out the door.  Say thank you.  Send that 'thinking of you' email or card.  Be kind.  Simply, share a smile.  And be sure to enjoy it all!

This is me, smiling at you! :-)  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. This post made me tear up, you summed it all up in a nice little post. So I am sending my "Thinking of you" to you Anna!!! And this is me smiling at you :-)

    ReplyDelete