Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Living - Mom Day Out On The Farm!


Do you remember me posting a chance to participate in Mom's Day Out On The Farm, here?
Well, thanks to AgUnited, I was one of the lucky ones to participate in the event! It was an interesting day visiting area pig, dairy, beef, soybean and corn farms! The event was centered around learning more about where your food comes from.
I grew up on and around animal farm life, however as we got older I was really only around the soybean and corn farming. It is interesting to know how many regulations farmers have to follow nowadays.
You can watch videos or read more about the events from our local media here:

If you ever get a chance to sign up for an event such as this, I strongly encourage you to take a chance and sign up! It was well worth the trip! Thank you, AgUnited!

1 comment: