Friday, July 16, 2010

Living - DYK Marinade!


Did You Know (DYK) - as usual, it is possible that some of you amazing people already know this, however just by the slight chance someone (like me) doesn't I hope to help by passing along the tidbit, information or article. I also appreciate my loyal readers passing along their information to use for this section of the blog because most certainly, I DO NOT KNOW IT ALL! :-) Again, my husband does not need to know that. In all seriousness however, please submit your helpful topics for DYK! We can all learn from each other.

This week's DYK is quite simple, but something that took me a while to figure out. Some of the simplest things, the things right in front of our face, are the hardest and take the longest to learn.

With grilling season in full swing, you have probably made a few marinades for your meats by now. Where do you mix your marinades? For the longest time I would mix my marinades in a bowl and then pour the marinade into whatever container (mostly plastic zipper bags) the meat would be marinading in. No more! Why didn't I think of this years ago?! I now just throw my ingredients for the marinade right into the zipper bag, zip it up and mix with my hands by squeezing it around. Then place the meat in the bag, zip up and rub it around and throw it into the fridge. No messy bowl to clean up! So, DYK?! Feel free to include your fun grilling tips in the comments for other readers!

And just for fun, one of my personal favorite marinades for a sirloin (amount needed will depend on size of steak):
1/2 cup Heinz 57
1/4 cup Worstershire sauce
1/2 tsp ground pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment