Monday, July 26, 2010

Living - DYK This Blog Site!

This week's DYK topic is this blog site. I have so much yet to learn about how to better utilize this blog site, but I figured I would give you a few pointers on how you can use this blog site in hopes that it makes it more user friendly. So there are a few Did You Knows below.

DYK?

*Search: There is a search option on the upper right corner - this can be used to search this blog for certain topics, words, etc.

*Labels: If you look under each article posted in smaller print there is the word "Labels" and then following it is additional information. Example, look below this article it will say "Labels: Did You Know - DYK". If you click on "Did You Know - DYK" part it will take you to a page with all the previously posted articles with that same label! So if you missed one of the oh so very important DYK article, you can catch up there! :-) Or if you like the instant win games or sweepstakes I post, I label them with Games so you can click on that label and it will take you to all the games. Same for different stores, I have labeled them with Target, HyVee, etc. This is a great tool.

*Buttons: There are now 5 little buttons at the bottom of each article which allow you everal options such as to email the article simply by pushing the first button. Or you can send an article to your facebook page by pushing the facebook button. A great way to share the wealth of knowledge! Just hover over the buttons to see what they are.

*Comments: By simply clicking the comments button below an article you can read other comments or you can add a comment of your own. Let me just tell you that I really enjoy hearing how a deal made your day or better deals that you have found. This is a great way to share with everyone. Feel free to comment!!!

*Email Address: My email address for this blog can be found at the top right corner. Please utilize this for sharing deals you come across! I REALLY appreciate when others share deals because I am a busy mommy and don't get out shopping all that much. And the more info shared the more I can pass along to others. Believe it or not, I don't get to make use of all the deals I post! :-)

*Followers: On the far bottom right hand side of the blog is a section called "Followers". This is a section of great folks that have chosen to "follow" the blog and show it! I welcome you to join. I know there are a lot more of you that follow the blog that haven't signed up, which is perfectly fine. This is just a fun way to show you follow and enjoy the blog!

*Favorite Links: Towards the top of the site on the right hand side is a listing of some of my Favorite Links relative to this blog. The Events link takes you to events that I have posted about on this blog. Feel free to explore those links.

1 comment: