Monday, August 27, 2012

Living - Tastey Toasted Marshmallow Grilled Peaches!

Since we purchased a lug of peaches this year, I have been trying new recipes and putting our peaches to good use.  Did you snag a lug at Hy-Vee this week for $15?  I would love to hear your favorite peach recipes!

I was searching for a grilled peach recipe and didn't find one that I really wanted to try, although I did find one that used cream cheese with it (mmm...cream cheese), but I really wanted to try and stay on the somewhat healthy side.
:-)  Yes, a somewhat healthy dessert recipe, how can that be any good?  The peach is healthy, it should cancel out any of the calories you add to it, right?! :-)

A little disappointed in not finding a recipe that was screaming my name, I decided to just throw some peaches on the grill and give it a little spice and a little sweet and see what  happens. And let me tell you, something great happened.  All of us (including the picky 3 year old, our the-sweeter-it-is-the-better-it-is 6 year old and my hubby who really doesn't eat desserts often) really liked it!  Score one for Mom!

Here's what I came up with....

What you need:
Peach halves
5-6 Mini marshmallows per peach half
Cinnamon (optional)

What to do:
Wash peaches, half peach and remove pit.

Place pitted side of peach down on top rack of hot grill (My grill was about 350 degrees). Close the lid and let grill for about 6 minutes.

Peach will have nice grill marks and will be starting to soften.

Flip peach over to rounded side and place onto plate.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with mini marshmallows.  Place back on grill on top rack.  Close the lid of grill and let cook for approximately 6-8 minutes, until marshmallows are slightly toasted on top and rounded side of peach half has softened a bit.

Serve and enjoy!  (Note: will be very hot, so enjoy with caution.  Or do as my children did and go play outside for a half hour and come back to devour!)

The peach was just soft enough to keep it's form, yet remind you of a peach crisp/cobbler with all it's yummy juices flowing!  And let me tell you, the toasted marshmallows on top were delish!  Just enough sweetness to indulge a bit and remind you of a tastey summer treat!

If your child doesn't like the skin of the peach, it can easily be removed once it has been grilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment