Monday, February 13, 2012

Living - Some Valentines Goodies!

Are you looking for some quick and easy things to do last minute for Valentines day?  I thought I would share with you a few things we have been up to lately.  I think they are all things that you could do yet today just in time for that special day!

Handprint cards

The kids made handprint cards for their grandparents!  I just remembered that I need to get these in the mail today!   They are pretty simple.  Have your child put their paint-filled hands facing down to form the shape of a heart with their thumbs and pointer fingers.  Then cut out a heart and tape it down.  Add whatever saying you want!  It is cute and memorable!

Dipped Oreo Cookies

Simply add a stick to an oreo cookie and dip in white (or to be festive try pink or red) melted chips.  Add sprinkles and let dry.  Easy peasy! And I think the kids will love these!

Personalized Valentines

Elizabeth did these last year and I thought it would be fun to give it another try this year to compare all the cute changes. 

She had fun posing, I must have about 30 different ones, but the one below is what we decided to go with.  And of course, heart suckers were a must! :-)  To do this, just simply have your child hold out their hand as if they are holding a sucker.  Once developed, cut 2 small slits in the hand area of the picture to stick the sucker stick through.  So fun!

Please share your easy and fun Valentines ideas in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment