Monday, November 1, 2010

Living - Countdown to Christmas!

There are 54 shopping days until Christmas!  Have you put together your list of who you are shopping for yet this year?  If not, now is the time to do it. 

**Make a list of each person you need to shop for.  (Family, friends, daycare providers, teachers, etc.)

**Set your budget on how much you will spend per person on your list.  It is important to stick to your budget, just like any budget you make!  Keep in mind however, that if you find something on a deal that is under your budgeted amount it is not necessary to buy more to meet your budget.  I know I have struggled with this in the past.  However my goal this year is to not only to stay within budget, but if I find gifts on deals that keep me under my budgeted amount - no more spending - and to celebrate my efforts! (Example: Your budget amount is $20.  You find an item that retails at $20 on a deal for $15, you do not need to spend the additional $5 to be "fair".)

**Once your budget has been set, make a list of a couple ideas you think might fit each person's likes.  This will help get you started at looking out for deals on those possible gift ideas.

**Now start looking for those deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment