Friday, August 27, 2010

Living - How Much Are You Willing to Pay?

Since really getting into couponing 5 months or so ago, I have really changed my "How Much Are You Willing to Pay" mentality! Before if I bought the kids' snack items or cereal for $2 I thought I was doing great. Obviously everyone's view is different. These things can be dependant on the time you have to allott to couponing, whether you need to watch your dollars or not, if you live by a budget, etc.

I remember when I first started couponing I read another bloggers post on the price she feels certain things are a good deal or not. It amazed me at how low she could put on some items and thought there is no way I would ever get there. Even though I am not there yet, as there are certain factors such as the grocery stores, drugstores and department stores you have in your area (We don't have Kroger, CVS, Publix, etc around here), I do have to say my prices for how much I am willing to pay are dropping quite a bit! How about you?!

Below is a list of a few things and the maximum price I am willing to pay (unless in case of an emergancy, but many things listed are not necessities!). We would love to hear how much you are willing to pay as well. Feel free to leave a comment!

Here it goes....

Cereal $1.25 (hard to say this now with HyVees awesome sale for FREE cereal)
Kid's Snacks $1.50 (this is for things like crackers, fruit chews, yogurt cups and tubes, etc)
Chips $2
Juice (64 oz) $1
Pop-Tarts $1
Fiber One Bars $1.50
Spaghetti Sauce $1.25
Cleaning Supplies $.50-$1.50 (this varies based on product type and value)
Kraft or Hidden Valley Dressing $1 (now if we are out of ranch, that might require me to make an emergancy purchase!)
Razors $1 (This includes a non-disposable razor with 2 blades - I refuse to buy new blades unless I can also get that package for $1)
Disposable Razors $.50 (this is higher quality disposables with at least 3 in pkg)
Huggies, Luvs or Pampers Diapers jumbo package $4.50
Bodywash $.50-$1 (seems it is easier to get men's cheaper than womans, thus the range here)

Let's say that you buy 1 box of cereal a month currently for $3.50 a box. This would be a total of $42 a year in cereal. Now, let's say you drop that price per box to $1.25 (watching sales and using coupons), you would pay a total of $15 a year or a savings of $27! Even just this one little change can make a big difference!

Another example for you Mommy's of children in diapers. Let's say you purchase 2 packs of diapers each month at $8.99 a package (and we know this fluctuates) this is $215.76 a year. Now let's say you rop that price per pkg to $4.50 it would be $108 a year or a savings of $107.76! Wow!! Can you imagine where you could put that extra money!

And I must note that all of the prices above are dependant on coupon availability and pricing at the store, along with sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment