Monday, August 16, 2010

Laughing - Trying to Take the Thumb Away!


Our four year old daughter sucks her thumb. She has sucked her thumb since, well, always. When she was born she had little marks on her thumb, showing that she even sucked her thumb before being born! Now that is committment!

Over the past year we have gently urged her to suck it less by bringing it to her attention when she is sucking it. We are close to the point of wanting to "take it away" completely. But our dentist has assured us that no harm at this point...so it's hard to make the move to take it away completely, since she finds comfort in it.

Anyway, today she realized on her own that she was sucking her thumb. She looked at me, watching her sucking her thumb and said, "My thumb is tired. He needs a nap." I didn't quite understand, so I asked for clarification. She said, "My mouth is his bed!"

I couldn't help but chuckle and commend her for her creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment