Friday, August 20, 2010

Living - First Day of Preschool!

In February, I became a stay at home Mom. An opportunity I dreamed of since the birth of my 4-year old daughter. Today marked a very hard time for me. The selfish part of me didn't want to send my daughter to preschool, because that means giving up 3 day a week (3 hours each day) of spending time with her. But the grown-up part of me decided it was best for her and could mean even more for my 19-month old son. More one on one time, etc.

Well, today is the first day of pre-school for my dear, sweet daughter. Surprisingly, I held myself together pretty well. Until my daughter decided she didn't want to stay at preschool and the teacher had to take her away kicking and crying.

Is there anything that breaks a mother's heart more? Well, it has been over an hour and I have not received a phone call yet, so I have to believe that she is doing just fine.

How was your first day? Let us know how your first days went this year! Were you sending your child off to kindergarten, senior year of high school, college?

Here's wishing everyone a great "first day"!

No comments:

Post a Comment