Monday, April 11, 2011

Living - Our Shopping Escapades!

She picked up a hat at Kmart and She is trying so hard not to laugh!
Although shopping with my 2 year old son and 4 year old daughter can be exhausting (and questionable) at times, there is a certain bonding and real-life experience about it all.  Every moment there is learning.

Whether it is them learning how CRAZY their Mom can be about coupons, how to spot a coupon tear pad, when it is okay to splurge, how valuable the family budget is, etc...they are constantly learning from me.

Just the other day my 2-year old asked, "Mommy, I hold coupons?"  This is a job of priveledge and trust. :-)  Do I dare?  I took the step and handed over the coupons.  He did very well and about 5 minutes later said, "Mommy, I done now" and handed back the coupons.  Almost as if he were testing me....not me testing him.

And then the fun exploded!  How can you not stop and enjoy that goofy girl!
And then there are the times I truly learn while we are shopping.  I learn what great human beings my children are.  What great personalities they have, the ideas they have to share and the energy they have when they are excited.  No coupon can match that value!

Step back and not only enjoy the deals you are 'scoring', but enjoy the life that is happening in front of you.  It is definitely priceless.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment