Thursday, May 20, 2010

Living - Someone's Free "Trash" to Our Treasure!


The Before and After!


Alex enjoying the new chair!A couple weeks back I posted about the Brandon citywide rummages. I had an opportunity to sneak away one evening after supper (without the kids!) to rummage, which meant quick stops and move, move, move! Definitely something I cannot do when I have the little ones around. Among my quick stops I noticed a lone chair sitting in the garage, with a very small sticker that said, "free". What? Had I found a future treasure?! I double checked with the folks running the rummage and they agreed that it was free. "Well, I will take it!" I said. I kind of felt bad taking it for free, knowing that I could find a new life for it.

The chair itself is an old style chair belonging to a high chair. It no longer has the tray and the strap was missing pieces. The vinyl had a crack in it, but all in all it was a prize for it's new home.

I had been looking for a higher set chair to set up to the table for one of my little ones. We have a wood one that had been given to us by my parents and it is a beauty. This will look great sitting next to it and add a little color to my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment