Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Living - Banana Crumb Muffins = Yummy, Yummy!

I had purchased some bananas awhile ago with full intensions of making banana bread and freezing some as well, but decided to step outside my comfort zone and try something new.  I am fully glad that I did because the Banana Crumb Muffins I ended up making were a huge hit with the family.  When I asked my 5 year old daughter if she liked them, all she could do was lick her lips over and over and smile at me.  Apparently they were so good they took her words away, which doesn't happen often! 

I made a double batch of the Banana Crumb Muffins and it made 12 regular size muffins and 54 mini muffins.  And I must state, 2 batches and none of them made it to the freezer!

I hope you enjoy this easy to make recipe as well.  Being able to make food items ahead of time and freeze them can help save time and money in the long run.  Have some favorite recipes you like to freeze, please leave a comment or send me an email.  If you like the recipe below, be sure to "pin it"! *smile*  Pinterest is my new addiction!

Banana Crumb Muffins:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with liners
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle topping over muffins.               

Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.               

Thank you, AllRecipes for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment