Thursday, June 6, 2013

Living - Rhubarb Sauce Is In The Crockpot!

I love crockpot recipes and by far one of my favorite Springtime crockpot recipes really has nothing to do with a meal, rather a snack.  Rhubarb sauce is something I concocted (probably not original) a couple years ago to introduce my kids to rhubarb and we have made it each Spring since.  Today marks our first batch of the year!

As I was cutting up the rhubarb and strawberries and mixing them together in the crock pot I was enjoying the beautiful colors together!

Check out my post here about this A-Maze-ing recipe!  Strawberries are on sale this week at HyVee 4 lbs for $4.77 and if you know some great friends like mine that will share some rhubarb (or you are lucky enough to have your own plant) it will certainly make for a budget friendly snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment