Saturday, November 26, 2011

Living - My Black Friday Story!

Well, many of you probably already know from my posts that I am NOT a fan of Black Friday shopping.  This year however, my family has been in the process of scoping out a nice deal on a flat screen TV.  It just so happened that one of the deals I could agree to was valid on Black Friday at Walmart.  Yep, the wee hours of the morning too.  The sale was to begin at 12 AM.

We were in Yankton over the holiday and my sister was also pondering going to the 5 AM sale at Kmart and I decided to join her on this shopping trip.  To avoid a useless trip to Walmart and maybe grab a few more winks of sleep that night before going to Kmart, I decided to call Walmart to scope things out.  In calling them, I learned that all of the TVs I was looking to purchase had already been spoken for and tickets had been handed to all of those in line for them.  It was EARLY?!  It was not midnight.  Ugh.  I truly don't understand all the rules that go into this shopping day!

So, slightly bummed I went to bed.  After finishing our fruitless trip to Kmart at 5 AM, my sister and I decided to make a trip to Walmart to check out a couple things.

Now sit down.....

You will never guess what I happened upon......

While strolling through the VERY quiet, calm, line-less, stressless Walmart store at 5:30 AM, we came upon a Walmart employee by electronics pushing a cart with the TV I was hoping to purchase some 5 1/2 hours earlier.  I quietly asked her if it was for sale and she said yes!  The person that had gotten the ticket for this particular TV apparently decided against it once they got to the register and it was being returned to the sales floor.  For me. :-)

Best. Black Friday. Ever.

Telling my disappointed husband about my win when we got home in the morning, priceless!  He was like a kid on Christmas morning when we got home from our trip today.  And the TV quickly found its way out of the box! 

May each of you find your unexpected bargains this holiday shopping season!

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

  1. You should have called?? I was at walmart from 9:30 to 12:30 scoring all my deals:-) I would have loved to seen u in the wee hours of Black Friday!!! Glad to hear God answered Pats Prayers :-) Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living,Laughing,SavingNovember 27, 2011 at 1:02 PM

    Lol, Tina! I actually thought about you while standing in line at Kmart that morning. ha! Figured I better not call then. ha! What time did you go out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, That's AWESOME Anna!! I am happy for you :) I also walked around Kmary, bummed, because they were out of the 3 pack Barbie's for $10 ( no not nearly as bad of a missed deal than yours.) Right as I was about to leave, I spotted one on a shelf in the middle of nowhere. I was SOOOO excited. LOL. So, silly, but I know how excited my little girl is gonna be to get those Barbies! HAve a blessed holiday! Enjoy that TV :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete